Benefits of becoming a student
- Get 12 months free Student membership when you sign up & pay for the course
- On successful completion of the course you will have a Diploma qualification in Allergy and Environmental therapy, allowing you to use Dip AET behind your name.
- Students get a 10% discount on all remedies bought through Ffynnonwen Remedies
- As a fully qualified, registered member of BIAET you will get 20% off all remedies bought at Ffynnonwen Remedies
- 200 test vials are also included in the price of the course
- Support and guidance from the Institute here at Ffynnonwen
- When qualified and registered, your details will go on our website under the ‘Find a Therapist’ page.
- Continued support and guidance after certification from qualified therapists at Ffynnonwen Natural Therapy centre
"How long is the Course and how much time to I need to allow per module?"
Every student is different and all the modules are different lengths, but on average we suggest each module would take approximately a month to complete, with the whole course taking just over a year to complete. This obviously depends on your work/ home life balance.
"Will we have to buy text books and the test kits?"
The 200 test vials for Chemicals, foods, food additives , pollens, dust etc will be provided as part of the course. You will receive these when you attend the weekend training course held in Monmouth.
All text books and reference books will need to be purchased by the student.
A list of all books required be provided once you start the course (these can be purchased new or second hand though various websites).
Websites for secondhand books:
Will I get support throughout the duration of the course?
We are available to contact via Email or Telephone, and will always answer any queries. There is also the online Forum, available for all members. The forums are usually a wealth of knowledge and experience.
• Set up an Allergy Testing and Treatment Practice
• Take a Comprehensive Patient Case History
• Identify the Causes of the Illness
• Advise the Patient on appropriate changes in their Lifestyle
• Prescribe a Suitable Course of Desensitising Remedies
• Correct Glandular Imbalances
• Help the Patient to deal with the causes of Stress in their lives
• Enjoy helping your Patient to become well
Course contents are as follows:
Introduction, Historical Background and the Immune System
The Patient Interview. Drug based Treatment of Allergy
Methods of Testing for Allergies. Carrying out the Test. Prescribing the Remedies
Nutrition. Allergic Conditions and the Gastro-intestinal Tract
Reproductive System. Infections and Vaccinations
Allergic Conditions and the Skin
Stress and the Patient
Heavy Metal Toxicity and Dental Amalgam
Allergic Conditions and the Respiratory Tract
The BIAET is under the Umbrella of the BCMA. This makes finding new therapies and help for your clients much easier. It also brings all the Alternative therapies under one roof, making it easier for you as a Therapist to access new information. As a Therapist you will be registered with the BCMA, which brings discounts on Insurance for your business.
In short, your opportunities for learning are many if you wish to pursue them, the World of Homeopathy is huge and there is always something to learn.
Please find below the cost of the course. payment can either be in full or in instalments.
Application form: Course Application Form
Full cost of the course: £1600
This includes the modules and revision papers set out below:
Instalment 1: £250.00
This payment includes the processing of your application form and you will receive modules 1 & 2.
Instalment 2: £150.00
Send in modules 1 & 2 fro marking (which once completed you will email to your course tutor Karen Carmen) and then receive module 3
Instalment 3: £150.00
Send in module 3 and receive module 4
Instalment 4: £150.00
Send in module 4 and receiving module 5
Instalment 5: £275.00
Send in module 5 for marking. This instalment also includes the weekend workshop fee. Receive module 6 and revision paper 1 for completion
Instalment 6: £125.00
Send module 6 and revision paper 1. Receive module 7
Instalment 7: £125.00
Send module 7 for marking and receive module 8 for completion
Instalment 8: £125.00
Send module 8 for marking. Receive module 9
Instalment 9: £125.00
Send module 9 for marking and receive module 10 and revision paper 2 for completion
Instalment 10: £125.00
Send module 10 and revision paper 2 for marking. Arrange date for examination.
New course weekend dates for 2019
*October 19th & 20th 2019 *
Congratulations on becoming a BIAET student!!
This page has been put together to give students a bit more information regarding the course. Your course tutor, places to stay, directions etc. If you have any queries that are not answered by this page, please don’t hesitate to get in contact with us.
Your Course tutor is Karen Carman BSc (Hons) (DNN) (C.Nut) (Dip A.E.T) (S.A.C. Dip)
Karen has over 18 years practical experience working with a wide range of difficulties and supporting change in peoples lives.
In 2001, she qualified as a Practitioner of Natural Nutrition, going on to then gain a further diploma with distinction in Child Nutrition and a diploma with credit in Allergy and Environmental and Therapy from the British Institute of Allergy and Environmental Therapy.
Integrating these techniques into her practice she then carried out training in Kinesiology, achieved a diploma in Biochemical Tissue Salts and completed Advanced Practitioner training in Theta Healing.
In 2008 she qualified as a counsellor and Women’s Health Practitioner. Karen has written and delivered many workshops and seminars across the UK, Europe and South Africa on many healing and nutrition related topics . Her work is her passion, she currently runs a busy practice in Monmouth.
Karen is currently teaching the practical weekends of the Diploma in Allergy and Environmental Therapy in Drybridge House and modules should be sent to her for marking.
Telephone 01600 715638
Fax 01600 716552
- There is an on site bistro for lunch on Thursday and Friday. The bistro is closed on Saturday, but there are loads of cafes and a Waitrose 5 mins walk away.
Directions to Drybridge House – we’re just off the A40 on the edge of the town centre.
- From Newport /Cardiff (M4/A449/A40) After you’ve passed signs for Abergavenny and Usk (on the A449/A40), come through the Monmouth tunnels and take the first left turn, signposted Trellech. At the roundabout (garage on your left) – go straight ahead, and through one set of traffic lights. THEN FOLLOW THE ‘ALL ROUTES’ INSTRUCTIONS SHOWN AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE
- From Ross (M5/M50/A40) Go over the roundabout just before Monmouth but don’t go into the town. Instead follow the dual carriageway (A40) up towards the Monmouth tunnels. Go through one set of traffic lights and turn left before the tunnels (signposted Trellech). Go up the hill and at the T junction – turn right. At the roundabout (garage on your right) – turn left, and go through one set of traffic lights. THEN FOLLOW THE ‘ALL ROUTES’ INSTRUCTIONS SHOWN AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE
- From Chepstow (M4/A4136 Wye Valley route/A40) Come into the outskirts of the town over the Wye bridge (ahead of you, Monmouth School). Turn left onto the dual carriageway (A40) towards Cardiff. Turn left just before the tunnels (signposted Trellech). Go up the hill and at the T junction – turn right. At the roundabout (garage on your right) – turn left, and go through one set of traffic lights. THEN FOLLOW THE ‘ALL ROUTES’ INSTRUCTIONS SHOWN BELOW
- ALL ROUTES
After the traffic lights, at the next mini roundabout (ancient gatehouse and Monnow Street to your right) – go straight ahead. At the next mini roundabout, you’ll see Drybridge House in front of you. Take the right fork and turn second left into the second entrance.
There is a varied range of accommodation in Monmouth and the surrounding area, sites such as booking.com and trivago have many of the hotels and guest houses . These 2 sites also have more specific info and there is a newly opened premier inn a 5 min walk away from Drybridge House.